Thank you ladies for feeling my rage yesterday. I know you probably had to take a double take on what I had written, but it wasn't a joke. I wish it was.
It's been almost 24 hours since egg retrieval, and I am still as angry and upset as I was when I received the news that a lab tech had *accidentally* knocked 3 of our eggs on to the floor (although they called me yesterday and told me one had survived which I don't believe). The amount of rage that went through my body was something I had never felt before, and I hope I never feel again. My mom said something like " that poor lab tech must feel awful." Honestly, I didn't give a shit how that lab tech felt. I hope he/she felt awful. I hope he/she wasn't able to sleep last night! But at the end of the day, he/she probably did sleep last night, and probably just went on his merry little way because he/she is not the one who has put their heart and soul into all of this. Those weren't their future babies that were just tossed out like garbage. That wasn't their $7000 they invested into this, so why would they care? I never even heard an apology from that person!
I don't know if I could ever go through this process again. IVF has destroyed my thought process and has taken over my life. I don't think I'm strong enough for all of this.
If this IVF fails, I WILL be taking action. I can't just let this go. I do think we deserve compensation for their huge mistake, especially now that we were given a 100% chance that we will have none to freeze by the end of this journey. Which would have been a HUGE money saver for us in case this fresh cycle doesn't work. But now that our back up plan is gone. If this doesn't work, we have to start the process completely over.
I still have hope in my heart that this will work for us and we will be pregnant in just a few days, but until I hear that we have a few good embryos (should find out this morning) I will not be able to relax.
Friday, February 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

IMO you should still pursue compensation regardless of the outcome
ReplyDeleteof this cycle. And you ARE strong enough! I believe in you girl. You will be a mom. You will have a good fert report. You will have the take home baby you desire. I wanted to send you my number in case you ever just wanted to scream and have someone listen but couldn't find your email. Chin up! Stay positive. I'm praying for you.
I totally understand your thinking. And sorry to your mom, but who cares how the tech is feeling!!! And Im glad to hear you'll take some kind of action if (God Forbid) this doesn't work. But I think it will :) Can't wait to hear your fertilization report! :) xo
ReplyDeleteYou can do this! You've made it past the hardest part. I agree w/ the others about being compensated for dropping your eggs. Are you doing this at Walter Reed? Did you have to sign a waiver saying you couldn't "sue" or hold them accountable? I know some MTF are like that. Hang in there! In just a few days you will be "PUPO!"
ReplyDelete