Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Spoke too soon!

Well, this morning's appointment did not go very well. I have about 30 follicles all around 15-20 which I was pretty happy about, but my estrogen is WAY too high. It doubled in 24 hours! Not cool ovaries, not cool! I was a hormonal mess this morning and couldn't keep back the tears as my doctor explained to me that my trigger might be pushed back until tomorrow until they can get my estrogen to come back down. I am bloated beyond belief, uncomfortable, tired from the 4:45am morning wake up calls, I'm covered in bruises, I'm just a big hormonal mess. My estrogen peaked at 2200 yesterday and if it makes it past 4000 today, well we are going to be delayed. The doctor seemed pretty confident that today will not be trigger day. I know one day may not seem like a big deal, but it is to me. It means an extra day of shots ( I have to take extras to regulate my estrogen) and another day of being uncomfortable. And if you don't believe how bad IVF bloat is, well here's some snippets of my disgusting bloat over the past few days.

This was my bloat from yesterday. It looks awful!!! I am a size 4 by the way. 

My bloat from this morning. I honestly look 3 months pregnant. It's disgusting!! 

6 comments:

  1. Sorry you are having such a difficult time but, what a great number “30”!!! Praying everything works out oh and you look adorable in your pictures I love the hair color!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still think you are adorable even with the bloat! Just pretend its a glimpse at the pregnancy that's about to grace your belly :) Sorry your est is off the charts! I hope it stabilizes for ya! Just a little bump in the road, but everything will turn out ok! It will all be worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with Sarah try to think of it as a glimpse into pregnancy, I know the bloat sucks. Your number of follies was great so praying that your estrogen gets under control soon so you can trigger and get this show on the road. Keeping fingers crossed for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My E2 was over 5000-believe me I know about that bad bloat! Gatorade, rest with legs up and protein. Hope OHSS doesn't set in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy shit! 30 follicles! No wonder you are swollen. I have to warn you that it gets even worse after the embryo transfer. I was swollen to the point of looking pregnant for about a week and a half after. But, I agree with Sarah you are so freakin adorable ... no one will even notice your little bump. And hopefully it will turn into a beautiful baby bump in a few short months. Keeping everything crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete