Keith and I decided to spend the first 5 years of our marriage as a carefree married couple. We traveled, got wasted a few times, and just had a lot of fun being young and dumb together. After a wonderful 3 week trip to Europe back in September 2009, we decided we were both ready for kids. I ditched the pill, and Thanksgiving weekend while camping in Key West, we had our very first *try* at having a baby. It was so exciting and we just automatically assumed we would become pregnant right away.
4 months had passed, and I started to get a little worried that something was wrong. In the back of my mind, I knew that when I was 18 I had a bad case of Pelvic Inflammatory disease cause by a respiratory infection. I spent 5 days in the hospital healing from the emergency surgery I had to clean out the infection. I always wondered if that freak accident would make it hard for us to have kids, but man, I had no idea!
7 months after trying, my doctor put me on Clomid. Thinking it was a *miracle drug*, I expected to get pregnant right away. Nope! 4 months after I first started clomid, I knew it was time to see a Fertility specialist.
2 semen analysis's, an HSG test, and tons of blood work later, we decided to try Clomid paired with IUI. I thought that was it, we were FOR SURE going to get pregnant. I responded to the medication beautifully, and was always told we had a good chance of multiples. We did it anyway, and still ended with a negative. We gave IUI 2 more tries before I decided surgery was the next step.
In May of 2011, I went in for a Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy. I was scared to death, not knowing what kind of shape my reproductive system was in. The surgery took almost 3 hours to completer, and I woke up to find out my ovaries were covered in adhesions. They were stuck to my uterus and my pelvic wall, which my doctor cleaned out and gave us the ok to start trying again.
2 years after we started trying, we decided to change our game plan and decided IVF was the way to go. We were nervous, scared, and everything in between. We spent $7,000 and moved away from home for 2 weeks to do the treatment in Washington D.C. Little did we know, the process would not only work...
But we are expecting twins in November 2012!!
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Dont give up, i been struggling with that and pcos as well so i feel your pain, but i didnt lose faith and then all off the sudden i got a positive fat line :) and now im a proud mommy of a two year old! Good LUCK HUN!
ReplyDelete