Thursday, April 14, 2011

One thing I never knew...

Okay, for all of my infertility friends, I wanted to share some information with you that you may have never received from typical doctors. Last night at the meeting, I had a lady come up to me (who by the way is an acupuncturist) and told me she was interested in helping me get pregnant after hearing my story. She told me she wanted me to go home and stock up on Vitamin D3 and start taking 5,000 IU's of it a day. She said to trust her, and that she has been able to get many girls pregnant off of doing this.

A few months ago, I had a military doctor look over my blood work and they told me I was deficient in Vitamin D. The doctor kind of laughed about it and told me to sit out in the sun more often, and did not explain to me the importance of why we need this vitamin!! Here is what I found out when I came home last night: CLICK ON IT TO MAKE IT BIGGER!



Now, tell me how crazy that is that this acupuncturist knew that I was lacking Vitamin D without me even telling her!! I told my story about how I had pelvic inflammatory disease years ago from an unknown infection and she exactly what was going on. I am lacking Vitamin D and probably always have.

If you are dealing with infertility, this may just be something you will want to look in to. She told me most fertility doctors will NOT be looking at your vitamin D levels and that you need to ask to get it checked out.

3 comments:

  1. OMG, that is crazy that she would suggest that to you! I have never heard of a Vitamin D deficiency having such an impact... I am passing this information on to my friends that are struggling to get pregnant. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! It's it crazy taht something so Simple can cause so many issues. I'm going to keep this in mind. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too came across this discovery about a month ago. I read it on someone's blog, and immediately asked for a blood test. Turns out, I was very deficient as well! I've been on 5000-8000 IU /day ever since. I couldn't believe I had never read anything about this before.

    My acupuncturist later told me that in Europe (France, I believe) when you get a positive pregnancy test, they inject you with a mega dose of 20,000 IU to help support the pregnancy!! No idea why this isn't a focus here in North America, but I'm glad you have someone looking out for you!

    ReplyDelete