Thursday, April 21, 2011

Let's be honest..

Well, our appointment with our fertility doctor was today. I spent 2 weeks excited for this appointment just to show up and be a big bundle of nerves, even though I wasn't even getting anything done! I guess I was just preparing myself for bad news, since typically these kind of appointments don't tend to go as well as I planned. I go in with hope, and leave with fear. Which is exactly what happened today.

We discussed with our doctor about the next step in our fertility journey, and I am so excited to say that we are now in line for laparoscopy/hysteroscopy! But since we had sex yesterday (TMI I know, haha! Mama needed to get some!), we have to wait until my next period in order to book the surgery. I guess I am a pro at waiting, so 3 weeks really isn't that bad.. okay okay, whatever I have to tell myself!! This sucks! Being impatient and dealing with infertility is the WORST combination in the world.

My doctor suspects that since every test we have had so far have been normal, that structurally there is probably something wrong with me. Chances are, he is right. When I suffered from Pelvic Inflammatory disease 6 years ago, I had a lot of adhesions on my tubes and a terrible infection in the inside of them. They cleaned them out as best as they could, but the reality is, 1 in 5 girls become infertile after suffering from PID. So the chances of him being right about my tubes are probably pretty good. If my tubes are jacked up, we will then be saving all of our money for IVF, and the dream of ever conceiving naturally will be out the window.. I guess we can't really jump to conclusions until after I have the surgery, but I need to prepare myself for the worst possible outcome.

Whatever happens, was meant to happen. 

2 comments:

  1. Did you already have an hsg? usually blockages show up on that and a laproscopy would just confirm the results or help to se WHERE the blockage is. In any event GOOd LUCK! And i'm hoping that you get the all clear on your tubes. As a chick who's infertility is based on her tubes...I'm hoping you can avoid that diagnosis. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear that you didn't get the best news today and that you have to wait a bit longer to have the surgery. I agree...the waiting is the WORST part!!!! Hang in there, the 3 week will go by quickly and hopefully you'll have some answers (which I hope are good!!!)

    ReplyDelete