Tuesday, November 29, 2011

were on our way.. slowly..

Once again, I am sorry for my absence. I suck, I know. Let me just say that things have been pretty rough lately. I've had 2 meltdowns this week and wouldn't you know, my period showed up once again right on time this morning so meltdown #3 is probably on it's way. I was praying so hard that *maybe*,  just maybe, we would get pregnant naturally before starting this whole IVF process. But nope, that didn't happen. I am freaked the f*#% out about all of this, but I know that this is where our journey needs to go so I'm trying to stay positive (although that is clearly NOT working).  Hopefully today I will talk to the IVF nurse in D.C. and get us scheduled for the December orientation class. I have one more test that they require before we can be accepted in the IVF program, and it's the Saline Infusion Sonogram, which is scheduled for this Thursday. Thankfully my mom comes into town tomorrow, so she can go with me and see just what kind of awful stuff they make us go through. I do not mix well with any type of procedure that deals with a catheter going up my cervix, since my cervix is tilted upward, they can NEVER get the damn thing in, and it is the worst experience of my life. So to say I am dreading this procedure is an understatement. But, it's the last one. Phew!

If any of my blogger girls have any advice on how to stay positive through all of this, please send it my way! I am desperate for inspiration/hope/positivity/excitement!

P.S. Sarah from Baby Talk gave me a beautiful award last week, and soon as I get my errands ran today, I will be returning the favor to 5 beautiful ladies! Thank you Sarah, I will get on that!!

8 comments:

  1. Definitely know how you feel about wanting to try and see if you could get pregnant naturally first. I'm on that same line of thinking. Maybe I'm still dilusional to the fact that we need IVF. I've pushed our start date of our cycle back to March.
    I hope all goes well with your last test. Try to stay positive. This is a means to the end you desire. Happy healthy take home baby is in your future. Push through this part. I'll be along the journey to support you on the way.
    Congrats on your award!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no advice on how to stay positive--it's something I struggle with daily. I did, however, cover my mirror with my favorite inspirational quotes so that I could look at them when I was doing my injections in the am and pm. It helped remind me that everything I am going through would be worth it if I get pregnant.
    Also, try breaking the IVF process down into segments rather than trying to tackle it as a whole. I had seven blood draws and three ultrasounds in one week--that was TOUGH to get through but the drug-induced nap on the day of the egg retrieval was lovely! Good luck. You can do this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that thought goes through all of our minds just before we take the IVF leap. "Please let us miraculously get pregnant before IVF!!" Been there and been through the disappointment. So I feel your pain girl. However, maybe your miracle is meant to come in another way :) Like mine did. I remember all the (many) meltdowns I had TTC and what's freakin hilarious (sarcasm) is that they dont stop after you get pregnant. Oh and I know it, I HATE catheters with a passion! One time I had THREE people all up in my biz trying to get the catheter in! I guess my advice is just focus on each step..your almost within reach of your baby...just gotta make a few more scary steps and your there!! It will all be worth it :) Glad your mom can go with you to your appt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have cervical stenosis so I understand the feelings you are having. The good thing is the saline u/s catheter is little and flexible making it a bit easier (much better than the HSG or hysteroscopy). Definitely take some Advil prior to going and asking them for a little ativan to take prior wouldn't hurt either.
    The melt downs are normal. IVF1 was the worst for me. You have to take each day at a time and my best advice....stay busy. Keep doing things to keep your mind off it. Some found help with meditation and it does help some, but I also think it makes you think about it a little more.
    Here if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had two major meltdowns about having to do IVF. It's definitely normal. :( As soon as AF shows, I'm being forced to get the saline sono! I've never had an HSG so I have no idea what to expect either way, but good luck to you! You'll do great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have been nominated for the liebster blog award! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,
    I JUST found your blog but wanted to give you a link to a blog/girl I follow. She too is going through IVF and is now in the waiting game of seeing if it worked. I hope your baby journey will be fulfilled soon!!!

    www.armywifepost.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please check out my blog--I gave you an award! <3

    ReplyDelete