Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sooo sad..

Life is just precious!

I was driving home from the mall today, having a nice chit chat with my sister on the phone when I noticed about 10 people standing in the middle of the road on the opposite side of the median.  I told my sister to hang on for a second because I believed there had just been a traffic accident. As the traffic in front of me started to moved at a snail's pace, I noticed a motorcycle laying down on the ground. What I saw next I will never forget until the day I die. I saw a young man lying on his stomach with his face towards me, laying in his own pool of blood. Men had ripped off their shirts and were trying to stop the bleeding from his head, but sadly it was already to late. I found out when I got home that he was declared deceased at the scene, and I can't even begin to say how much this breaks my heart. He was only 20 years old, and was driving normal when some SUV whipped out in front of him, causing him to crash and just like that, lost his life. I will never forget his face, as I felt like I was looking at him forever. It was haunting.


Life can be taken from you just like that.. In the blink of an eye. Always wear a helmet, always look before you pull out on a main road, and never take life for granted!

5 comments:

  1. Are there not helmet laws where you live? That's so sad and I'm sure it was terrible to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so terribly sad and unfortunately happens all the time. My mom has a bike and so does my husband. I'm always so worried about them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh geez that is soooo sad :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life is definitely precious!! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a tragedy. In florida this happens all too often actually if I'm not mistaken we were leading the nation in motorcycle deaths and there were endless ads and campaigns to try to get folks to wear a helmet...but sadly its not a law and so tragedies continue to happen. You're so right Life is precious!

    ReplyDelete