Day 1- Driving day! Stopped in New Haven, CT and visited a friend of ours we haven't seen in years. He served with my husband on the USS Lincoln. He gave us a tour of Yale (smarty pants!), and then he took us to his favorite Indian food restaurant. I swear I had the best meal of my life there.
Day 2- arrived in Boston. Sam Adams Beer Tour. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.! Free samples of beer, but apparently we got lucky and has free pitchers of beer! Took a party bus to a pub and got drunk. Went back to our lovely B&B and watched "The Town." Very fitting movie for being in Boston!
Day 3- walked the Freedom Trail all throughout Boston. I was shocked to see just how beautiful this city was! Towards the evening time, we jumped on a train and went to Salem, MA. My favorite movie Hocus Pocus was filmed there, so of course I wanted to see the town! We were not disappointed!
Day 4- we woke up early, jumped on a ferry and took a tour of the USS Constitution. We then came back to the city and had lunch at the "Cheers" bar (kind of cheezy and pricey!) The Nor'easter storm started blowing in so we decided to head back to the B&B early.
Day 5- We left Boston and arrived in NYC (Which by the way, that damn storm was horrible! We waited over an hour in line just to get gas because everyone was out of power!) Once we made it to NYC, we headed to the famous Katz Deli and had the amazing pastrami sandwich. I was fighting back the urge to have my orgasm moment (Harry Met Sally scene was filmed there) but I didn't. We then walked around Times Square for a bit until we were tired.
Day 6- What didn't we do! We walked the North part of Central Park (which by the way is insanely big. This was my 3rd time to CP and I still haven't seen it all!) After that, we strolled through Little Italy which lead us to a shopping spree (yayzers!). Of course we got pizza at Lombardi's and stuffed our faces until it hurt. We then went shopping to buy some masks for the halloween parade! Which by the way, if you get the chance to visit NYC on halloween, do so! It was insane. We bought tickets to go to Webster Hall for their halloween bash and it was completely chaotic! But oh so much fun! We didn't get back until 4am. 
Day 7- walked the south side of central park. After that, we headed to the David Letterman show! Somehow Keith and I got picked out of the crowd to sit in the front row, so that was quite the experience. We did make it on tv for a total of about 5 seconds, but it was worth it. We got to see Ben Stiller, Whitney Cummings, and some broadway musical.
Day 8- Driving back home! Stopped in Seaside Heights NJ to visit another friend of ours from the USS Lincoln. We got to see where The Jersey Shore was filmed, and walked the empty boardwalk. I was surprised at how beautiful it was!! We finally made it home late last night!


I am JEALOUS :) Looks like an amazing time. I live in NY state and havent been to half those places yet! What a great get away for you guys! :)
ReplyDeleteI have never wanted to visit NY, but your post sorta makes me want to consider it now! Looks like it was a great trip :) I'm glad you're back, though!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a great time!
ReplyDeleteHocus Pocus is also one of my favorites I made my husband sit through it on Halloween :)