Friday, May 13, 2011

What an awful day :(

So I guess all posts got deleted yesterday? GAH! Why does everything shutdown the day you really need it?!

Yesterday was an awful day for us to say the least! I went in thinking the pre-op appointment for my surgery on Monday would be a piece of cake, but I left there flooded in tears and once again lost all hope in having a baby naturally. My doctor decided to do one last ultrasound to make sure everything is a-ok, and much to my surprise, it wasn't. I have a cyst growing on my left ovary that's bigger than my uterus in size. I was in complete shock!  I haven't had any cysts in years, but the moment we are getting ready for surgery, BAM! Not only do I have one, I have on the size of Memphis!!! My doctor left the decision up to me on whether or not to go forth with the surgery because of the risks, and I started bawling not knowing what to do. I was heartbroken, disappointed, scared, and confused. Especially since I told my husband to stay at work since I figured the appointment would just be lots of lab work and boring paperwork! So I sat there in the room with my doctor and I knew I was going to have to make this decision on my own.  I was mortified! My doctor explained to me that if they mess with the cyst, that I could lose a lot of ovarian tissue which would pretty much make my ovary non usable. He mentioned giving it a few months to see if it goes away, and my heart just sank to the ground. That was my very first time bawling in front of my doctor! I told him my heart was set on the surgery, so that's where we left off. My surgery is at 7:30am Monday morning, and I am a nervous wreck. Girls, I'm actually scared to death. I just can't seem to catch a break. How do I know if I made the right decision?

Tomorrow I start my bowel prep, so tonight we are going out for pizza and ice cream. My last hoorah before the 'crappy' weekend begins!!

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about the cyst :( I am really praying your surgery goes well! I can understand why you would be so upset and you didn't even have hubby there :( so so sorry!! Please keep us posted

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry it's turning out to be more complicated than you anticipated, but I'm sure your doctor wouldn't go ahead with things if he the risk was too high.

    Good luck tomorrow...I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete