Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day 3 post-op

And I'm feeling, *meh* I still feel bloated, tired, constipated, and sore.. But that's to be expected I guess. I can't wait until I'm my normal self again!

I did want to take a second and say how very lucky and fortunate I am for.....
 #1- Having such a caring doctor. He held my hand all the way into the surgical room and I remember the last thing I heard before I went to sleep was "Don't worry, I will be by your side the whole time. I'll take good care of you."

#2- The fact I didn't lose any of my ovaries. I was petrified of waking up to bad news. Even in the midst of being knocked up on morphine, I could feel this sense of relief when my husband gave me the news that everything is great and *hopefully* working now.

#3- Having such a wonderful support system. My husband has helped me out with everything, including vacuuming!  And my mom cooked all day yesterday so we would have enough meals for the week, just so I wouldn't have to worry about it. How freaking sweet? Okay, no more mom posts, I promise. haha!

I haven't felt this amazing in a long time, and it just feels awesome to know that we could actually be on the right path to having a baby now. FINALLY! Please god let this be the end of this journey for us!!!

3 comments:

  1. I wish you had a like button. :-) That was so sweet of your mom and hubby! What wonderful support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lot to be thankful for. I'm so glad you have a strong support system. And your doc sounds amazing!

    Wishing you a speedy recovery. I know you're itching to get back in the game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad your surgery went well and that you are feeling a little better :) You have been in my thoughts and prayers so much lately!

    ReplyDelete