Saturday, May 21, 2011

Happy Saturday everyone!

What a gorgeous day it is here in Florida! Too bad it just looks pretty through our window, outside is a whole different story! It feels like a wet sauna and no matter how nice your hair and make-up looks, it's destroyed by the end of the day. Oh humidity, how I love thee.

Day 5 after surgery and I'm starting to feel like my normal self again! Actually, I feel better than I did before.. I guess I never really paid any attention to the permanent 'heaviness' I felt down in my pelvic area, but now that it's gone I can tell a dramatic difference! For the girls reading my blog who might be getting laparoscopy done (and I know there's a few of you out there), all I can say is, DO IT! The scars are barely noticeable and the recovery is really not that bad. Don't mind my bloated belly shot, but I figured I would show the small battle scars I got from this round of laparoscopy (you can't even see my incisions from the lap I had done 5 years ago). I have about a 1 inch cut on my left and right side (didn't show the right one because one of the stitches fell out, and well.. It's not pretty), my belly button has stitches in the inside of it, and then there's about 5 small holes surrounding it. It looks like I have the chicken pox! I'm not quite sure what the little holes are for, but I figured it was just the way they had to stitch the belly button back together. No big deal, right? I hope I can give a little comfort to the girls getting it done.

2 comments:

  1. Wowzers. I can do this, right? :) Insert big gulp here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had such a positive experience.

    ReplyDelete