Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I'm an oreo addict..

Why do oreos have to be so magically delicious? Ever since my surgery last week, I have been on the cookie diet. I'm not kidding! I have been through a box of Keebler Elf Fudge cookies, and a box of Double Stuffed Oreos. I have never in my life ate as many cookies as I have in the past week! My husband and I both don't have any self control when it comes to junk food, so as long as we don't have it in the house, were ok.. BUT, I just can't resist lately! I think it's because they secretly help me heal. Yep, that's it. They help me heal!!!


 I've been through a ton of mixed emotions ever since my post-op appointment yesterday. I had my stitches removed, and then we had a sit down talk with my doctor to look at the photos and discuss the next step in our baby journey. My doctor pretty much came out and said "Were the adhesions on your ovaries the reason you haven't been getting pregnant? Quite possibly, but we won't know for sure. Only time will tell." Craptastic. I know he doesn't want to give false hope that "YES! YOU WILL GET PREGNANT NOW!"  I guess I was just hoping for that push of confidence that I needed. But damnit, he's right.. I don't know what god has in store for us, but I have to have faith that it will happen soon. And if not, well.. Mr. Meatball will just have to get use to wearing a baby bonnet!

3 comments:

  1. Okay, so I think that its the cutest thing ever that your dog is named meatball :) And speaking of Oreos (which I happen to LOVE), did you see the new fudge covered oreo commercial. Cracks me up! If you havent seen it, google "Shut the front door" oreo commercial. So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally think meatball would look pretty fierce in a bonnet ;o) Speaking of Oreos... I just tried the ones with peanut butter in the middle.. mmmmm.. too good!! I am also with you btw, oreos have some magical healing property in them, so I say chow away!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the same way-I don't buy any cookies, candy, ice cream, etc. when I do my grocery shopping, because if they were in my house I would eat them all, absolutely no self control! The last time I tried a new cookie recipe, I ended up eating at least ten in one night and was ridiculously sick to my stomach all the next day...I mean, what kind of adult does that? On a serious note, I hope that God answers your prayers with a baby. But I am sure that no matter what, he will love and care for your life by leading you down the path he has created only for you. I read scripture once that said to ask something of God and then give thanks with faith so strong that you thank him like he has already given it-and when I try really hard to adopt that outlook, it really helps sometimes. Wishing you a fast oreo-speeded-up recovery!

    ReplyDelete