My first period after Laparoscopy showed up 2 days ago, and I just want to say this SUCKS! This is by far the most painful, heavy period I have ever had in my life. Bad enough that I ruined 2 pairs of underwear yesterday, even with a tampon AND a pad on! I heard this is pretty normal for the first period after surgery, but I didn't know what to expect. I have always been blessed with pretty easy periods so I was in shock mode to say the least!
So, I ordered the test sticks for my clearblue fertility monitor off of Amazon yesterday. Have I mentioned how much I love my machine? (retails for $200, $40 for a 30 pack of sticks. I bought my machine off of craiglist for $50, with 30 sticks! And then I buy the refill pack on Amazon for $28) Starting day 8 it will ask for me to test every morning from there on out, it will show me which days I'm not fertile, highly fertile, or ovulating.. It's been accurate every month that we have used it, but obviously my ovaries were never working properly so it wouldn't have mattered anyway. But now I'm ready to start it up again and let the machine take the guessing work out of it and allow me to relax! I am ready to get this cycle started!
Tonight were headed to Bern's Steakhouse for a double date with some friends of ours. It's one of the best steakhouses in America, and after your dinner you head upstairs to the dessert room! Yes, they have their own restaurant dedicated to desserts only! Love it!
2 weeks from today we will already be in our new home in Virginia!! So exciting! The hubby only has 4 days off left until the move, so only a few more days to enjoy Clearwater Beach!
Friday, June 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yup...that sounds oh so familiar!!! Just FYI, your next period may come sooner than you think too...totally normal. Enjoy your last weeks at Clearwater :)
ReplyDelete