My appointment yesterday was, well interesting to say the least. *sigh*
When I first showed up to the clinic, I started discussing with my doctor that I've been having period cramps every morning I wake up, and I'm already on cycle day 9. He told me that cramps are a pretty normal thing to happen after surgery, especially after the period, but he wanted to do an ultrasound to make sure my lining was thin and that everything was 'in place' for being just 3 days after my period ended.
So I get undressed and sit in the room all by myself thinking that it was a stupid idea to come in for just 'cramps'. I felt like a whiny 3 year old and was ready to leave! When the ultrasound started, the first thing I heard my doctor say was, "well, there's your polycystic ovary". Wait, what?? I don't have PCOS! Then I heard him say that my lining looked too thick for being so fresh into our new cycle. THEN, he points out the corpus luteum in my right ovary and proceeds to say "it looks like you ovulated recently. Your progesterone levels must be high which might indicate a miscarriage. We need to do some blood work on you before you leave." Okay, *insert freakout here*
The doctor kept looking at the screen for what felt like forever, and then the words came out of his mouth "Did you guys have sex around ovulation time last month? I see something abnormal outside of your uterus that looks to be an ectopic pregnancy, but you have already miscarried."
Hold on, back the wagon up! I was in complete shock and was speechless at the thought of what he was saying. I went in thinking that everything was going to be fine, maybe the pain was from a cyst or maybe I just needed to poop! LOL!
Today they called me to tell me my progesterone levels came in and I was at .5, which indicates that I haven't ovulated yet and so once again, I am completely confused. What is wrong with my body!!!
Friday, June 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

ok so wait..were you pregnant or not? What a crazy roller coaster! How was your estrogen?
ReplyDeleteSo confusing!
I have no idea! The pregnancy results haven't came back yet.. and they didn't test my estrogen!
ReplyDeleteYeah what was the verdict?? How crazy!!! I really hope they figure out what happening soon. I can imagine the frustration :( I would have fell off the table if a dr was telling me that!!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh...I can see why you are confused!!! Hoping they call soon with answers for you!
ReplyDeleteoh my, how confusing!! hopefully you are able to get some answers soon!!
ReplyDelete