Well, we just got back into Tampa last night! My husband's grandfather past away last sunday, so we went home for a week to attend his funeral. We both lost our grandpa's in the matter of 4 months time, so I wouldn't say it was the most pleasant trip back to Kansas City!
On the pregnancy home front, once again there is no news. IUI #2 didn't work so I have officially thrown in the towel until we can figure out our finances and I can gain my sanity back. My husband wants to do another round because he's convinced the medicine they were going to switch me to will work since clomid messed up my uterine lining, but I'm not convinced. I just think I need a break from it all and when I feel up to it again I will continue. I'm hoping to talk my doctor into giving me Laparoscopy to check out if there is any damage from the pelvic inflammatory disease I had about 7 years ago (caused from the flu virus, and both my tubes were completely filled with bacteria. Scar tissue then attached my fallopian tubes to my colon so I was in the hospital for a whole week! ) I know in my heart that something must still be wrong from that freak incident and the doctors just haven't caught it yet. I would rather have that done, which my insurance will cover, rather than just throwing away all of our savings on treatments I don't think will work.
Speaking of pregnancy, while we were in Kansas city, my husband and I were able to go to my sister's 20 week ultrasound. I have to say, pregnant people are SO DAMN LUCKY! That was the most amazing experience and to be able to be in there when they found out the sex just sent me over the moon! I can't wait for us to experience that one day. I'm not going to lie, I had a huge lump in my throat the whole time because of the insane amount of jealousy and disappointment I was feeling for myself, but I kept it back. I am truly happy for them and I am so happy I decided to go to her appointment, but I'm just ready for it to be our turn.
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I hope it is your turn soon. good luck.
ReplyDeleteSorry to read about your Hubby's Grandfather. Also bummed about IUI #2. I just took a negative test last week to...and my sis is pregnant with her 2nd, I totally understand the lump in your throat thing :( So what are you going to be an auntie to a boy or girl?!?! I'm praying you will be having a 20 wk ultrasound in the not so far away future...
ReplyDelete