Monday, March 21, 2011

I know this is going to sound really dumb and a bit sad, but I have officially hidden all of the pregnant girls from my facebook newsfeed. I know I know, that is just high school jealousy all over again, but I just can't stomach to hear all of the extreme enjoyment and excitement at this point in our journey. We're currently starting our 3rd IUI this week, but I'm not feeling very positive about it. I try really hard to, but it's just hard for me to even imagine seeing a positive pregnancy test, so I just automatically count myself out before our cycle even really begins. I am however, relaxed and happy even through the disappointment. My husband is amazingly awesome at keeping me upbeat and happy so I feel very fortunate!!!

3 comments:

  1. That is NOT high school jealousy!! What you are going through is a very tough situation that not many people understand. I have never been there and can't imagine how hard it must be for you with so many people around being pregnant. I'm okay with you hiding me and anyone else you know that's preggo on fb:) I'd probably do the exact same thing if I was in your shoes and know others in similar situations who also hide their preggy friends on fb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's not petty...it's a valid survival skill. Unless you're a glutton for punishment, there's no reason to read that stuff over and other. I'm pulling for this IUI. Don't count yourself out! (((hug)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is not petty or high school childishness! I can't imagine how it would feel, but I know that my friends and family that have (or are) gone through it have done the same thing. They avoid anything baby as much as possible. I think its completely understandable.

    I'm praying that this IUI works for you!

    ReplyDelete