Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Marriage..

I have to say, I am a lucky girl. 7 and 1/2 years after I said I do to Keith, I am still head over heels in love with him. When we first got married at 18, no matter how mature I thought we were, well, we were not. LOL! We had a lot of growing up to do. We fought about money, stress, the color of the sky. You name it, we bickered about it. It wasn't until he left on his second deployment did I realize that I didn't want to live like that, so I decided to work on myself. No more thinking he needs to change for me, I realized I was the one who needed to change. I needed to respect him, and love him for who he is.

I can't even begin to describe how much that changed my life. Marriage is NOT about picking apart your spouse, but figuring out how you can be the best spouse that YOU can be. Everything else just seems to fall into place. I'm proud to say Keith and I haven't fought in YEARS.. Years! I can't even remember the last time we even bickered about something. Marriage is hard work, but if you can figure out the recipe to reduce stress and create a level of respect and trust, marriage can be easy, and fun!  I respect Keith as a man. He is a hard worker, he's determined, and is an overall fantastic husband. And I know how much he adores me. He makes me feel so beautiful and intelligent all the time, which makes me feel like a million bucks.

I am so proud to be in a marriage that made it past the 7 year itch. We literally grew up together, and I'm so happy that we grew closer rather than falling apart. Struggling with infertility has been hard, but we are not the type of people to give up. Great things in life come from hard work and determination. I know Keith and I will fulfill our family one day, whether it's with our own biological children or adoption, we will get there. And it will be amazing to finally have the family we both have always wanted. At the end of the day, I count my blessings that I get to spend the rest of my life with my soul mate. My best friend!!!

6 comments: