So, last night we went out with a few of Keith's co-workers for a very nice dinner and drinks , and the night once again made me feel like shit. Fantastic! Everyone starts talking about their kids and how beautiful and special theirs are (even going to the point of saying one of their kids is getting booked for modeling gigs) and there Keith and I are, holding hands, uncomfortably laughing. And then comes the comment, "Oh, you guys don't have any kids do you?" Keith replied sweetly "No, but we have been working on it." The last night out for us before we start the shots on Wednesday, and I feel like I couldn't even escape the baby talk. It's so aggravating! One of the guys kept asking me what it is I do with my time while Keith is at work, and as much as I want to say "oh you know.. weekly doctor's appointments. Traveling to D.C., support groups." I told him I'm not doing anything currently. He wouldn't let it go! He just kept going! "no really, what do you do? You have to do something with your day!" Cut me a break people! I just moved 6 months ago, right in the midst of surgery, ectopic pregnancy scares, IVF work-up, Keith has been in training,. So I told him I clean the house, run errands, hang out with girlfriends, I practice photography.. Of course that lead to the comment, "Oh photography, huh? You should come over and take pictures of my kids!" SURE! WHY THE F$#@ NOT!
Gah! So anywho, I booked a massage and 45 min in some type of spa capsule thing for Tuesday. I really need to de-stress myself before this stuff takes off. How did everyone relax during IVF? All tips are appreciated!
Sunday, January 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Massage, lots of walks, reading, pedi's, and mind numbing movies! I have to admit I avoided people for a while too which actually helped. I didymium hear te complaints of parenthood or other peoples stress which in turn reduced mine :). Just stay busy with anything you like to do!
ReplyDeleteGeez that guy sounds like a jerk! I would have wanted to say "None of your Fu***** business!" Wow! Shots are starting soon! I would have to say I didn't get to relax much during IVF, but all those things mentioned sound like a great way to keep calm. Massages, walks, pedicures. Have you tried the circle and bloom meditation cd? Lots of people say that it helps.
ReplyDeleteI have to agree with Sarah, after the constant nagging I would have said I do nonya, all day long...noneyadamnbusiness!! Can't believe he was grilling you like that. I'm excited and nervous your time is nearly here. Things to relax....I can't think of any except mate yoga, read and tea! But the massage sure is a good step.
ReplyDelete激情真人秀場聊天室
ReplyDelete9158多人視頻聊天室
真人秀視頻直播
現場直播真人秀
免費直播真人秀
晚上福利直播軟件
福利直播app
日本福利直播軟件app
UT聊天室福利視頻