Friday, December 30, 2011

Fate.

Alright Aunt Flo. You can show up at anytime now. I will not throw my hands up in the air in a fit of rage when you show your ugly self, I welcome you with a great big smile on my face!

In order for me to get my start date for IVF, my period has to show so I can pay the remaining $6,000. I'm not going to pay the balance until I know for sure I'm not pregnant, otherwise we only get about 80% of that back. BUT, the one month I need my period to show up on time, she is freaking late! I swear there is a curse on me. 32 day cycle so far.

Has anyone been playing the game "words with friends?" on their phones?


It's pretty much identical to scrabble. You make words out of your 7 jumbled letters and try to rack up as many points as possible. Well, last night, the weirdest thing happened. I was having a small little moment with god, telling him I know all of this is in his hands and that I trust him with all of my heart, but I was kind of begging him to let this happen for us. The next thing I knew, I turned on the game, and there staring at me in my face was the word "FATE". The 7 letters I had to play with already spelled out the word for me. I just kind of had a WTF moment, because A: your 7 letters hardly EVER spell out a word for you, and B: It was just so fitting for that moment in my life. Chances are, it was just a fluke, but in my heart it was a reminder that whatever happens, will happen.

"You will have the exact family god wants you to have. I believe that if I had become pregnant when we had originally started, I would not be the kind of patient mother I am today. I  may not have understood the true value of my precious gift. I would not have Sam. He would be another child of another time. And I know that Sam is the exact person god wants me to raise."~ Every Drunken Cheerleader: Why not me? I love her outlook on fate!

1 comment:

  1. That's super nice that you'll get part of your money back! Good luck with everything. I know it's a LOT to swallow at first.

    ReplyDelete