Wednesday, December 28, 2011

2012 is going to be our year!

Time just seem to be flying by these days. The holidays have come and gone, soon it will be 2012, and before we know it we will be starting the IVF process! I think I'm really starting to get excited now. I just can't even imagine being pregnant, and it's crazy to think that a month from now I just might be for the first time ever.. So weird to even write that. Surreal is the word to describe it I guess. I'm gaining confidence little by little, and my excitement level is slowly creeping up on me. I know I have so many loved one's supporting us on this journey, and it feels amazing yet overwhelming sometimes (the phone calls have been racking up lately!). I even opened up to my ex-boyfriend the other night after I heard him and his wife just lost their baby last week at 11 weeks, and I told him the truth about our struggle (he always asks me when are we going to start trying, and I always tell him I'm too young to think about kids!) I don't know, something about telling him gave me closure and peace which I wasn't expecting. Maybe it's because I was embarrassed or didn't want him to think "good thing I dumped her way back when then since she can't have kids!" I don't know. But anyways, he wrote me a text message that said "Your time will come. And you will be a great momma! By the way, what is IVF?" I tried to explain it to him by saying it's a petri-dish made baby, and I just got the utterly confused response back. haha! Now that I feel like everyone in my life knows, I'm ready to face this head on. With prayers, love, and support,

I can do this!!!!  Let's get this show on the road! 

2 comments:

  1. I hope and pray this is your "take home baby" year!! Glad you are getting excited! Gotta go into it with all the hope and excitement possible! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for you as well!! Like Sarah, I hope this is your year!! Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete