Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Weight gain

Holy Cow Batman.. I've already gained 10 pounds!!! My jaw almost dropped to the floor when I saw my weight at 138 today at my doctor's appointment! The only way I have been able to keep the sickness away is by eating.. eating.. eating.. I'm trying hard not to cram crap down my throat, but apparently I'm not doing a very good job! My doctor told me he wants me to gain around 25-35 pounds total by the end of this pregnancy.. Umm.. Ok.. That's not going to happen! LOL!

The babies are doing well. I had another ultrasound this morning and got to see them just kicking away! Friday is our 12 week mark, which means we are so close to the 2nd trimester. Yowza! Hopefully my belly will start growing so I don't just look like a fat kid anymore. Next week I am headed back to Kansas City to meet my with OB/GYN who will be delivering our babies while Keith is deployed! I chose the same doctor who delivered me and all of my siblings. I am very excited to see him again and to get a game plan going!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, time surely flies. Can't believe you're 12 weeks already. Seems like just yesterday we were going through our cycles. Glad to hear the babies are growing healthy and strong. Have you read Dr. Barbara Luke's book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time is going so quickly. It's hard to believe you're so close to the second tri already! Hooray!
    Only 25-30 pounds? That's surprising, considering you're so small framed to begin with. I started out at 5'10" and 160 and my midwife wants me to gain at least 30 pounds. I'm up 16 at 24 weeks. I think I may surpass the 30 pound mark! Eek. Post more belly pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for the almost second tri already!! :)

    ReplyDelete