Monday, April 9, 2012

Thank you Navy!

As of today, Keith and I officially have only 4 more days off together until.. well, April 2013. *sigh*

Keith starts a VERY difficult training course in 2 weeks that will keep him away from the home from 5am-10pm 7 days a week with NO days off. The school will be done at the end of August, with another training course to follow, which is then kicked off with a 6 month deployment (#3) starting in October. In the meantime, I am moving back home to live with my mom in July/August. I really hope he will get the chance to come back to Kansas City to see me and my growing belly one last time before he deploys, but his schedule is just looking way too packed at the moment. I am just devastated. I need my best friend in my life. He is already so attached to these Kiddos that it breaks my heart to even think about him not being apart of any of this, especially since this will probably be our one and only pregnancy. 

I know I am strong enough to get through this, but I just wish the cards wouldn't have played out this way. We called our doctor who was nice enough to squeeze us in another ultrasound next week so Keith could have one last chance to see our baby's before all of the craziness begins. I promised myself that I wouldn't let my sadness take over me over these next few weeks and just enjoy this family time that we do have. We will be registering for baby stuff next weekend so he can be apart of it, and we will just make it a very happy experience. :) 

Have I mentioned how much I love that man? As much as I HATE deployments, there is nothing better in this world than getting those goosebumps and that rush of falling head over heels for each other all over again at homecoming. I am addicted to that feeling and I cannot wait to feel like that blushing teenager all over again! 

3 comments:

  1. Awww I feel for you both :( I've had friends in the same situation and its no fun. But you are right, enjoy the time left with each and do as much baby stuff as you can with each other before he leaves. You can do this! Someday this deployment will be distant memory and you'll be watching out the kitchen window and seein keith chasing after your two lil miracles :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are strong and though I know this will be a difficult
    tume you'll be fine. Praying the time flies by quickly this will be a memory soon and you'll be getting on as life as a family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-( Oh no! I'm so very sorry... I cannot imagine. My husband is gone for only 7 weeks right now but that is driving me crazy! I'm glad you're able to go back home and be around family though, that's what I'm doing too actually! : -( Prayers with you and your husband during this time.

    ReplyDelete