I could punch something right now.. $^#%!!!!!!!!!!
So I was on my way to my appointment this morning when I got the lovely phone call from my clinic to tell me that they have cancelled my appt. Yes, they called me when I was already sitting in traffic.
Their reason for canceling my appointment was, all of the doctors/surgeons are out of town for a MONTH doing training, and that the lady they had me scheduled to see today is only a nurse practitioner. So, the soonest I can get in to see a doctor to go over my results is November 9!!! That will be pretty much exactly one month after my HSG. I asked the lady on the phone if there was any way I could still come in and she could at least show me the x-rays so I have a better understanding of what's going on, but of course I got shot down almost immediately. She said "you have to wait to see one of the surgeons so they can go over with you what to do next about your pelvic mass." Alright missy! What the hell do you mean by pelvic mass for starters?? She said that 3 freakin times!!! And wait, are they still expecting to do another surgery??
So my appointment today was a fail. They won't put me on the waiting list for the January IVF cycle until I speak to a surgeon, so the chances of us making it are slim to none. Were probably going to have to wait until spring time now, which sucks big time!!!!
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh geez! Im so sorry girl! Are they military doctors? I always got the run around with military RE office.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry! I can only imagine your frustration!
ReplyDeleteI've never dealt with military doctors but I've heard tons of stories about them.
I wonder why they wouldn't let you see the nurse practitioner?
I'll be thinking of you!
HUGS!
How freakin annoying! Is there a waiting list you get on in case someone else cancels an appointment? November is so far away. Hoping you get some clarity before that.
ReplyDeleteThat is totally unacceptable. You deserve to know what's going on, even if they could just go over it with you over the phone. I'm so sorry...feeling helpless is awful and you deserve to be treated better.
ReplyDeleteYour blog is soo cute and congrats on 7 years of marriage! And that sucks they would cancel your appointment without any warning!
ReplyDeleteWow, its sucks they couldn't answer any of your questions. Why mention someone has a mass put them in a state of panic and not even explain. I agree with Amanda you deserve to know what's going on. New follower here!
ReplyDelete