Sunday, October 9, 2011

Keeping myself distracted :)

Household projects.

#1- Make a new headboard.. We worked on this baby over the weekend! It's almost finished, minus the gloss which were applying tomorrow. So here's what a completely done version looks like: Ours looks exactly the same!!



#2- Make nightstands. We haven't started this project yet, but hopefully next weekend we will have the time to start on these pretty things!! 

#3- Computer Desk. I really wanted to add a nice pop of color to the bedroom, so I decided on teal. I mean, everything goes with teal! So here's what I found:


Cool huh? Keith use to take wood's class back in high school, and was obsessed with making furniture for everyone.. I don't know why I didn't think of asking him to build some furniture for our spare bedroom all of these years, but I'm so glad I did! Not only was he super excited, it was a great project to do together.. Not to forget we saved a lot of mula making it ourselves! (compare our headboard to Pottery Barn's $799 Mason Headboard! ) 


I love doing anything that involves bonding with my husband. We have just been through a lot lately, and anytime we can get to sit around, drink beer together is a great stress relief! I will post pictures of the bedroom once it is finished. :)


4 comments:

  1. Love this look! :) Great job! And actually sounds like fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I love the teal color too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG love it!! can he build me some too???? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful headboard! This is EXACTLY what we want. I'm impressed you did it yourself!

    Thank you so much for your comment. It brought tears to my eyes. You are such a great friend..those quotes were perfect. xo

    ReplyDelete