Saturday, October 1, 2011

Horrible news...

When I went in for my day 3 cysts check on Wednesday to get our 4th IUI process started, my doctor spotted something unusual in my tube on the ultrasound. When I asked her if it was my right one, she said 'as a matter of fact, yes!" I explained to her that right before our move to Virginia, my RE in Tampa had spotted the same thing. He told me it was probably an ectopic and sent me on my merry little way with some strong antibiotics. So imagine my horror when here I am, 4 months later, and there it was again. My doctor called in another doctor for a second pair of eyes, and they both agreed that it looks like an ectopic. 

She sent me down the the lab and after 8 tubes of blood drawn, much to her and my surprise, all of my blood work all came back normal. She told me to come back in Friday morning and we could discuss *our options.*  When I showed up Friday to my appointment, I was already fighting back the tears after being stuck in a waiting room with 37 PREGNANT BELLIES staring at me in the face (worst experience of our entire 2 year TTC process). When I finally got back to the room, I was surprised to hear they wanted to perform another ultrasound. This time a new RE entered the room alongside my regular RE and told me in the sweetest way possible "I'm so sorry, but what were seeing in this ultrasound is not good. It looks like you had an ectopic but your body is not passing it out on it's own. We need you to come back in next week for another HSG test, and depending what the test results are, we might be need to perform another laparoscopic surgery and remove your tube." The amount of fluid around it is really concerning them I guess, so things are going to have to move pretty quickly.. 

 I'm going in for my 3rd HSG test on Thursday. Dear god let us get some good news!! 

6 comments:

  1. Oh no, I'm so sorry. How long ago did your RE first notice it and how many ultrasounds have you had since then? I really hope they're able to save your tube. I will be waiting for an update! Are you on a waiting list for IVF through a MTF?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh hun....have your betas been positive at all? This is terrible and I know you must be crushed. Can they give you methotrexate injections vs. surgery? I'll be thinking about you...xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the fear. Since we went through it in May.
    We had two shots of methotrexate in May only to have laparocopic surgery in Sept to end our ectopic pregnancy nightmare.
    If I could offer any advice go through with the surgery. The shots were hell for me.
    Methotrexate is a low dose chemo drug. I know we put a lot of things in our bodies throughout this whole IF fun, insert sarcasm.
    But I wish I had gone through the surgery then and we would be in a different spot by now.
    If the tube must be removed then it must. It is devastating, trust me I lost my right tube.
    But having hydrosalpinx doesn't help you to conceive it fights against you.
    And from what we were told if you go on to have IVF, they'll remove the tube prior to proceeding with IVF.
    It does release toxic fluid preventing implantation.

    I'm so sorry! I know it doesn't help. But at least with surgery your RE can see everything right there on the screen, not using an ultra sound machine but a mini camera. To me that gave me a sense of relief.

    Although I hope you don't have to have either and that with the next hsg it shows nothing.

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh geez...would someone please cut you a break?! Im so sorry to hear this. So wait was it the same ectopic from your old RE or a new one? I hope everything goes okay :( Thinking of you. Even if (hope not but) if you did lose a tube, your chances are still fine with IVF. I think you said you were going to try it? Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no...I can't believe this is happening. I've never heard of something like that before. Is there for sure no other way?

    I really hope you can get some more answers on Thursday. I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh!! I am so sorry. Don't they have a shot that helps an ectopic remove itself?? Do they HAVE to remove the tube?

    ReplyDelete