Friday, August 19, 2011

meltdown #3

I'm only 6 DPO, and I've already had 3 meltdowns this week. I couldn't even control my outbreak last night and just sobbed on my husband's shoulder. My hormones have started an early dose of craziness this month!! Good god. I am exhausted.

Oh look, meltdown #4 on the phone.... Save me from myself.

Last night before my meltdown, I decided to book a trip home to see my family back in Kansas City next week. It drives me nuts whenever my mom and sister think I'm just coming home to see the baby. Yes, I'm excited about seeing my new niece, but honestly I'm so tired of hearing about how"lucky my sister is to have such a great baby" or that "my sister is already planning for her 3rd because she just loves having babies so much." It still amazes me that even though they know what Keith and I have been through, they can still go on and on to me about who's pregnant, who just had babies, how great it is to have babies.. I'm just thinking to myself "really?? do you not understand that I don't want to hear about other people's excitement?" It really does amaze me. My sister was telling me on the phone yesterday about all of her friends who are pregnant and how exciting it is that they were all pregnant at the same time. I felt like banging the phone against the floor!! How can you spend the first 5 minutes on the phone talking about how sad you are that we can't get pregnant, and then go on to talk about everyone else..  I just don't get it..

3 comments:

  1. Girl do I know exactly how you feel! Today I was getting pre IVF blood work done and the phlebotomist asked if we were newlyweds. I told her we will be married two years in October, so I guess that still makes us newlyweds. She then asked if we had any children. I said no. Then she asked if we were planning on it. Can she not read? The prescription is from an infertility clinic. She thought I was crying because of the needle, but really it was her constant talking about how we would make such cute children and how they would bring so much joy to our life. Hello, I realize that - that is why I am going through a bazillion tests and using every penny for IVF.

    Sometimes people are so oblivious and insensitive. Sorry you have to go through this. Both of my younger sisters have children, so I know how it feels. And the best part - all their children were accidents.

    Scream, cry, have breakdowns ... it is totally okay. We will and can beat this thing. It sucks, and it won't be easy. I know this now. But with lots of work, we can do this. Sending hugs your way.

    Side note: I absolutely love your blog design. The chandeliers are awesome! If I end up having a girl one day, I want to hang one in her room just like them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh that's the worst, right? Like seriously do people NOT understand that we as infertiles do no want to hear how fertile the rest of the world is?? GOSH uhhhh but lets hope all these outbursts are because of a BFP!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way! My sister has one child already and she acts like it is so easy for her to get pregnant again. She actually asked me if I was ok with her getting pregnant with her second before I got pregnant with my first because they were going to start trying again. I was like, What, do you think just because you are starting to try again you think you will get pregnant before me? So frustrating!

    So, to state the obvious, I am struggling with infertility,too. I am your newest follower and it's so nice to find someone who is in the same boat as me. It's easy to feel like you are the only person dealing with this. Thank you for following my blog as well! I'm looking forward to keeping up with your blog!

    Alyssa @ spencerwayoflife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete