So last night I went to dinner with a bunch of girls from my Resolve Infertility group, and I must say for the first time ever, I was uncomfortable. They asked me if I knew the results of my blood test and I lied and said no. I just couldn't do it! Just talking about it at all made me feel like I was rubbing it in, so I avoided the topic all together. I know what it feels like to be on the other side of the fence, and just until 6 days ago, I was on that side. Act happy for that person, but envy still can take over your body. It's a natural reaction, and I just felt like staying away from that. I guess I need to figure out where I fit in now. Resolve might not be the place for me anymore. *sigh*
I did want to get your girls opinion on eating soft cheese while pregnant. One girl called me out in front of everyone saying that she saw a picture on facebook of a pasta dish I ate that had feta cheese sprinkled on it. Now, I'm not one of those girls who's going to go into a frenzy about what you can and cannot eat (especially since European's, our grandma's and lord knows who else drink raw milk and eat raw milk products) but I thought as long as it's made with pasteurized milk, your fine. Which in America, it's illegal to sell unpasteurized products unless it's aged over 60 days so all the bacteria is killed.. Anyways, I thought it was kind of junevile for her to call me out like that in front of everyone, but I do want to be cautious. I eat soft cheese only once in a great while (maybe 3 times a year), so I'm not too worried or bummed if I shouldn't eat it.
Well, my next beta is tomorrow, and then our first ultrasound is scheduled for March 21st! I am so excited! We decided to tell my husband's brother and father yesterday and their reactions were hilarious "It's about damn time! You've been married for 7 years!" Wow. Definitely wasn't the response I was hoping for, but that's guys for you. I am feeling so very cautious about this pregnancy. I want to enjoy it so bad, but I'm so afraid it's going to be ripped away from me. I feel like someone just gave me a free pass to act like I'm pregnant for a week!! When does it start feeling real? Once the vomiting kicks in? ;)
Friday, March 2, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I feel like you took the words right out of my mouth, I am sooooo cautious. In fact, I am afraid to tell anyone. It's like the more people I tell, the bigger the chance of failure. Which I know is ridiculous. But, I can't help it. Infertility totally scars you. I don't think I will believe it is real until I see my baby on that screen and hear a nice strong heartbeat. My ultrasound is scheduled for March 29. How in the heck I am going to get through the next month!?
ReplyDeleteAs for soft cheeses, I think that is up to you. I am so freakin paranoid, I have cut out soft cheeses, any kind of caffeine, lunch meat ... and the list goes on. I can't believe that girl called you out! It is your body and you get to decide what is best for it. Actually I was out to eat with hubby the other night and our waiter said this must be our first because women who have had a couple babies ask him to double the blue cheese/gorgonzola.
Can't wait to hear about your beta tomorrow. I will be praying for you!
found this for you online: http://www.babycenter.com/404_is-it-safe-to-eat-soft-cheese-during-pregnancy_3175.bc and this: http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancycomplications/listeria.html
ReplyDeletealso I was told not to eat deli meat (unless it was heated) by my dr when I found out I was pregnant.
I do understand how you feel. I felt bad about posting in my blog (before we found it I was having an ectopic) about being pregnant. Just know that the ones that understand that you have deserved this pregnancy and truly care for you are the ones that will understand and want to know about baby updates. I hope this helps.
I can't wait until you get your next results!!
I didn't eat soft cheese or lunch meat. Better safe then sorry.
ReplyDeleteI would suggest you check out PAIL; pregnant/parenting after infertility or loss, there is a link on my blog. Its a great thing for bloggers who are starting out on the other side. It's ok for you to be happy and just remember how you would have felt in their shoes knowing you hid it. They might just surprise you w/ how happy of a reaction you get!
As long as its pasteurized, I say eat it. I am. During our move I ate a couple deli sandwiches because that's what we bought the movers. It's not something I would eat all the time but I am not going to freak out. Only you can decide what you're comfortable with.
ReplyDeleteTakes a while for it to feel real. Probably when you start showing a bit :) Geez, back the heck up girl who "called you out" on the cheese!! haha I think its fine as long as its not an every day thing. I mean Ive had a hot dog a few times. I do avoid cold lunchmeat though, but I think the soft cheese is ok now and then. Mmm Im craving feta now :)
ReplyDeleteIt is NOBODY's business what you decide to put into your body, pregnant or not. If you decide to eat soft cheeses, that's your business. It is SO RUDE to say something like that.
ReplyDeletelive173影音視訊live秀
ReplyDelete視訊聊天
173視訊
視訊交友
視訊妹
成人視訊
美女視訊
免費視訊聊天交友網
辣妹視訊
免費視訊聊天室