Ok, so I am in complete freak out mode. We have about a week and a half left until our first ultrasound and I am petrified!! I do not feel pregnant which is completely messing with my mind (although my lovely husband can tell you I am quite the bitchy/tired woman these days!) but i am just dying for some puke! Some cravings! Food adversions! Something that tells me that everything is alright. I know that chances are everything will be ok, but I still have my worry days.. And today just happens to be one of them. I know the pregnancy symptoms will probably show up in full force and I will ask myself " what the hell were you thinking when you said you wanted this to happen!!" But I just need that peace of mind. You know? This just doesn't seem real!!
Keith and I are trying to figure out the baby game plan as the Navy has decided to keep him away as much as possible during the pregnancy and the birth/first 6 months of it(s) life(ves). So far it looks like he will be missing all of it. We knew this was going to happen when we first started doing IVF, but February was the only month he had off that would have allowed him to be part of the IVF process. So did we put ourselves into this situation? Well, yes and no. No, because we actually wanted to have this baby 2 years ago but things in life don't always go by plan. But yes, we put ourselves into this mess. It wasn't until we got that positive pee stick did we really realize the suckiness in all of this. He will be able to attend my first ultrasound but not the others (thanks to the lovely 14 hour a day/7 days a week training he will be in from April until August) and then he will be deploying. I wish the cards didn't play out like they did, but I am so grateful to even be given this opportunity. I would be heartbroken if we would have had to wait a year and a half to give IVF another shot..
Saturday, March 10, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

A few books I've read say symptoms don't typically show up till 6 weeks so don't worry you're probably just days away from feeling them. Even if you don't feel anything you know you're pregnant but I get what you mean. Sucks that hubs will be gone so much. Mine is too his mom has been doing my PIO shots. Can't wait to hear about your u/s
ReplyDeleteI just started reading your blog! Congrats!! I am going through IVF right now with my retreival set for Monday, my husband is currently deployed. It is so hard to try and decide when to try and schedule everything!
ReplyDeleteDon't worry I didn't feel much of anything my first 7 weeks and than it came in full glory. The first thing I did notice was that I was exhausted most of the time. So happy for you and believe me all the worries are normal and I doubt they will be leaving you any time soon! Its completely normal!
ReplyDeleteI've been sick pretty much from the beginning and now at almost 18 weeks I am still throwing up at least a few times a week. The biggest thing in the beginning though was the pure exhaustion. Take it easy and take care of yourself. I read in one of my books that a pregnant woman's resting body is doing more work than her pre-pregnant body would do when rock climbing. No wonder we're so tired all the time!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry about the upcoming deployment. MH and I had this discussion too but over the past four years we always said that it'd be better to have a baby than to let Uncle Sam dictate our treatments. You just never know when they'll have to leave. Keep your head up, pregnant lady!
My sister didn't get an nausea during her pregnancy. Just remember everyone is different. I am sure the symptoms will show up soon. In the meantime, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteut home聊天
ReplyDelete真愛旅舍免費視訊聊天室
真愛旅舍視頻聊天室
真愛旅舍聊天室
真愛旅舍視頻聊天室破解
真愛旅舍聊天室破解
真愛旅舍網站破解
真愛旅舍下載
真愛旅舍直播
真愛旅舍官網