Thursday, August 30, 2012

30 weeks!!

AHHHHH!!! 30 WEEKS ALONG!!! (These pictures are from last week) I am up 32 pounds since IVF, and I only have stretch marks on my sides (so far at least!). My energy level in fantastic, my body feels great, and I have to say, this is a lot easier than I thought it would be at this point! I can't wait to see how these next few weeks will play out! :)




I am so overwhelmed with gratitude to have made it this far! I'm hoping my body can make it at least another 4 weeks. I want to meet these babies, but I don't want to meet them any sooner than that! 

Everything is pretty much done at this point. My hospital bag is packed, the crib is done, the clothes are washed and put away, and all of the little things are falling into place. I can't say that I feel "ready" at this point, but I don't know if I will ever get that feeling!! 

Well, Keith was suppose to be coming home to visit this weekend but there has been a big change in plans. He is now stuck in this crazy training course until the end of September, and then he starts deployment training in October.. Yep, he won't be deploying until November now! So, maybe he can make it home for the birth? Eh, who knows. All I know is these babies can't make their grand entrance before my 33rd week because Keith and I are going to have no communication once again! STAY IN THERE BABIES! 

Oh, and an update on the Gestational Diabetes home front: They went ahead and made me do the 3 hour glucose test which was NOT FUN and sure enough, I failed once again. I met with my dietitian, picked up my fancy glucose monitor and I have been living a low carb diet for a week now. As much as I thought I would hate it, I actually don't mind it one bit! I get to eat more than I was before, and I'm really aware about what I put into my body now. It will not only make me healthier, but these boys will be healthy as well! But I will admit, no milk or juice before noon is KILLING ME! I miss my morning cereal. :( 

2 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL pictures!!! :) Yeah I missed the no juice or milk in the am. Since OJ was my life!!! Ohhh that would be so great if your husband could be there for the birth. You are doing so great! And (to me anyways) it seems like your pregnancy has went by at lightening speed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Samantha over at Cherry Pie Twins did a great post about having twins. Thought you might like it.
    http://cherrypietwins.blogspot.com/2012/09/what-expecting-twin-moms-should-know.html

    Also, check out this hilarious youtube video about multiples. SO funny :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT-lgB_HGEE

    Hope all is well with you and the babes :)

    ReplyDelete