Thursday, August 16, 2012

epic fail. :(

Someone just go ahead and stamp BIG LOSER on my forehead.

My glucose level came back so high this morning that the nurse kind of laughed and said "Wow, I think you broke our record! Did you eat cake and ice cream along with your glucose drink this morning?" And the answer to that is no, in case you were wondering! In fact the last thing I ate and drink was a chicken salad with balsamic dressing with water the night before. So what was my number? 251 TO BE EXACT!

As soon as my doctor came in, he told me that he's not even going to send me to do the 3 hour test, instead I am going straight to the dietitian. WOW. I guess I'm going from IVF shots to checking my blood sugar levels 4 times a day and maybe being put on insulin. Crap! After eating healthy and only gaining 36 pounds, I sure do feel like a major failure!

My belly came measuring in at a whopping 40 weeks already (and I'm 28 weeks)! Wowzers! So far I'm not too uncomfortable. Except for the extreme amount of peeing/the carpal tunnel which is getting worse by the day/and the insomnia. But other than that, I am so beyond grateful to be here. I think infertile's have a much harder time complaining about the little things when it takes years to get pregnant to begin with. You are so grateful for even the hard parts that come along with pregnancy! Here's a crappy snippet of my ever expanding belly.

 


In other sappy news, I haven't talked to Keith in almost 2 weeks, and as hard as it is, I'm surviving. I feel like half my heart has just been ripped from my chest. I know this sounds awful, but I can't wait for his deployment to start up so we can start the official countdown to April..

I think in my last post I had stated that my mom and I are making all of the crib sheets and decorative stuff ourselves, so here's a sneak peak! Just don't look too closely at the detail because we are far from experts. In fact, we have no idea what we are doing! As I type this, my mom is trying to figure out how in the hell she made one of the crib sheets about a foot too long. LOL!



And to leave this post off with my new favorite things EVER, it's a gift from lifeasmrsh for the boys!! How cool are these hats! They are definitely tagging along to our newborn photoshoot, especially since they are due right around Halloween! So flippin' perfect! Thank you so much J!!!!!! 




5 comments:

  1. Oh no, I'm so sorry about your GD! That sucks!! Like you're not going through enough right now? Well at least you've got your Mom and these fun craft projects to focus on. Love those hats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! So sorry to hear about the GD!! I love the sheets, it's looking good! Isn't "J" the best?! I love her, those hats are too adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww honey I'm so sorry about the GD. I hope they can get you on a good diet and curtail any problems with delivery or anything. I'm praying for you. Glad you like the hats. Wish you would have called me, hate to hear when you're down. Gonna call and check on you tomorrow girly. So nice you and your mom are making all the sheets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a GD survivor! Had to prick my finger four times a day. But lucky (?) for me I only had to deal with it for about two weeks or so and then she came early! Of course I would have dealt with it for longer to keep her in! But you can do this. I noticed pasta and bread threw it way off. To keep myself sort of sane, I turned the testing into a game to see how well I could control it. Those hats are pretty freakin cute!!!! :)And those sheets are awesome! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just googled pics of IVF bloat, and that's when your blog came up. ....sorry about that. but, it's been helpful to me. I am in the IVF-bloat phase and it's so wonderful to see that you made it through and the pregnancy! How exciting for you!

    :)
    Sorry about the high blood sugar.

    ReplyDelete