Thursday, August 2, 2012

26 weeks!

This pregnancy is finally starting to catch up with me. I am officially getting cankles by the end of the day! Holy swelling batman! And the newest complication is Carpal Tunnel, which is getting worse everyday. It's hard to do anything with my hands! But I will get through this. At the end of that day ,I am just beyond grateful to be here where I am today! Yesterday we had an ultrasound to take a sneak peak at these growing boys and I have to say everything is going so much smoother than I have anticipated over these past few months. I figured I would be having complications by now but so far, so good! Baby A weighed in at 1 pound 12 ounces and Baby B was exactly 2 pounds! They were very active for the ultrasound tech so we had quite a few laughs watching the boys kicking and smacking the crap out of each other! In other good news, my cervix is measuring in at a whopping 4.7 cm long! My doctor said there is no doubt in his mind that I can make it full term, which is music to my ears!

To be on the safe side though, my mom and I went on a hospital tour last night of the nearby hospital that has a level 3 NICU. I can't stress how important that is for a twin momma to have that back up plan! The maternity ward hasn't been updated in a very long time so the rooms aren't anything fancy, but the babies will be in great hands. IF we do go full term, we will be delivering at the hospital that is pretty much a brand new *spa* that has queen size beds in their room so the husband and wives can sleep together through the night, which would be fantastic! (If Keith even makes it here!)

Speaking of Keith, I miss him so incredibly much. I can't say my family has been great at keeping my spirits up because they tend to forget what the hell I am even going through. My sister called me crying yesterday complaining that she hasn't been able to spend time with her husband in 4 days! Really? I've had one day off with Keith since April 22nd, why would I ever give you sympathy! BUT, in exciting news, were thinking he may be able to come visit a month from tomorrow! At least that's our plan.. Now hopefully the Navy will work with us and let that happen! I need to see him!

4 comments:

  1. That's great news about Keith and also your doctor's comment about going full term! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a long cervix! I really hope your husband gets to come visit you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear the boys are hanging in there and that your cervix is nice and long. Here is hoping that the Navy co-operates and you and Keith get to see each other soon.

    ReplyDelete