Thursday, September 6, 2012

31 weeks. Oy Vey!

Wow, I am officially in countdown mode! I sure hope these babies decide to stick around for at least another 5 weeks, but to make it this far is unbelievable!

One thing I have really learned about pregnancy is to NEVER listen to the advice or comments from others unless it's good advice! Even twin momma's have completely different experiences than the next, so don't ever compare yourself! Back when I was about 8 weeks along, I had another twin mom tell me that after 26 weeks, I will be miserable. She told me she couldn't even move off the sofa after week 28 and delivered at 31! So of course, I had her story in the back of my mind the entire pregnancy, just to realize I am already at 31 weeks and I still have enough energy to dance around my house. It's so much easier than I thought it would be! Don't get me wrong, at times (like at night) it can be downright exhausting, but pregnancy goes by so flippin' fast that I know this will all be gone before I know it, so I'm going to enjoy it!

On Wednesday we had our 30 week ultrasound and I have to say, I am completely in shock that I have 2 big babies in there! Baby A measured in at 3 lbs 10 oz and Baby B measure in at 3 lbs 7 oz. A few days above schedule! GO BOYS!! My doctor pretty much said that he couldn't be more thrilled with how everything is going and that he is very confident that I still have awhile to go! Even with both heads down, my cervix hasn't changed at all and is still measuring in above 5cm! He made the joke that he "thinks I could go to February if I wanted to." BAH! There was one little tiny problem that we found but were hoping that it will resolve itself before the boys are born. Baby A apparently looks like he has Hydronephrosis, which is a blockage from his kidney to his bladder. He said 8 out of 10 times it will take care of itself, but if not, it will require a very small surgery to correct it. Fingers crossed that my little trooper won't have to go that far!




I do want to say that this week has been a very hard week on my family. My sister-in-law lost her mother the other day (murder-suicide) and she just happened to stumble upon their bodies after she couldn't get ahold of her mom for days. She decided to leave work early to go check in on her, and when she saw her mom's car in the driveway but there wasn't an answer at the door, she started peaking in through the windows. What she saw was her stepdad dead on the couch with a gun in his hand and her mom laying there in the recliner she always sits in with a blanket over her lap. She was holding on to hope that her mom was asleep when it happened, but after the investigation reports came in, she was very much awake as she still had a glass of wine and a cigarette in her hand. In a way I feel guilty that I had gone and picked up my SIL for a fun girls day out while all of this was happening. If we had only known..


6 comments:

  1. Oh my God! That story is unbelievable! What a horrible tragedy.

    Glad to hear how big the boys are getting. I think we can both make it pretty far! I'm aiming for at least 36 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you think your brother's wife will live the rest of her life? You have alot of compassion I see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look adorable! I can't believe you're 31 weeks already. Amazing!

    What a tragic story. Your poor sister-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry that you've had a rough week! My heart goes out to your sister in law!!

    I must admit we are in the same boat with you and your little one, the kidney dilation.
    We have one more ultra sound at 28 weeks, Oct 19, to see if our less than a mm of worrying has decreased or has increased, depending on the outcome we will likely be discussing solutions - but for now we are praying like CRAZY it has all resolved itself! Which everything usually points to it doing so by delivery.

    Love the bump picture! SO CUTE!

    Tons of hugs and lots of happy thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, that is just awful about your sis in law's family! :( Wow. I hope everything is fine with Baby A! Im sure it will be, sounds liek the docs arent too concerned which is good! :) Wowzers, 30 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????? Can you believe it? It seems like just yesterday you were going through IVF and they dropped some eggs on the floor!! haha And now look at ya! Pregnant and beautiful with TWIN boys! Amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowzers!!!! Can't believe your in countdown mode already. You're so right each pregnancy is so different. Remember when I was saying you can't judge based on size, he or nothing of the person. I'm glad you're still full
    of energy. Hope those boys keep bake bake baking!

    ReplyDelete