Life is starting to become a tad bit hard as we are now counting down the days until my mom arrives here and takes me back to Kansas City. 10 months without my husband during what should be the most exciting time in our lives. I'm not going to sit here and say I'm being strong, because honestly there have been a lot of tears shed in this household lately. I'm just not ready for time apart. We worked SO hard to get here where we are today that it just breaks my heart that he will miss out on all of it.
I give HUGE kuddos to the women who have "been there, done that". The amount of strength it takes to do this without their spouse is something I never really thought long and hard about until now. I'm trying to stay focused on the fact I will have these beautiful boys to help me pass the time, but I just can't help but think about what HE is missing out on. I know he is always going to be one of those dad's who says he regrets taking a job that keeps him away from his children, and that breaks my heart.
Yesterday as I sat there crying in the food court during his lunch break as he told me he has to work until 10pm this weekend instead of 6pm (which we were suppose to go out for our anniversary and our last weekend alone together), I could tell that this was finally starting to hit him that this is all happening. After the 4th, we pretty much won't see each other anymore. 5:30am-10pm workdays every day until I leave. Not to forget, he doesn't even get the time to make a phone call during those hours. *sigh*
As far as pregnancy updates go: well, I grow a little bit more every day. The boys are moving around like crazy now and they both weight almost a pound each! I have gained about 25 pounds now, which is right around where I should be with twins, so I'm feeling great. No stretch marks yet, but I will say I have been applying oil at least 3 times a day and drinking TONS of water. I know that won't keep me from getting them, but at the end of the day I know I am doing all I can!
My baby shower is coming up very quickly, July 28th to be exact! We are doing a vintage carnival theme! This is the exact baby shower invitation we used which I absolutely adore. My sister paid $20 for the company on Etsy to prepare the invitations, and then she took the finished product to Kinko's and had them printed for about $15. They look so professional, it's crazy! And it saved her all of the hard work of doing it herself, so that's awesome. So far over 50 invites have been handed out, yikes! We had to rent out a clubhouse for the fear of too many people showing up!!



Big hugs to you!I know this won't be easy :( I feel for you and your hubby! Just keep your eye on the "prizes." Once you have those babies in your arms and your hubby returns, you will feel like you were born all over again! It will be amazing. So hang in there girlie. Im glad you have such a supportive family to help you get through it! And OMG love the idea of a vintage carnival theme and that invite is AWESOME :)
ReplyDeleteHuge (hugs). Praying that these last few days together are extra sweet and that you will all be protected in your time apart. I can't wait to hear all about his return and the joy of meeting his children.
ReplyDeleteVery big hugs to you. I know this can't be an easy time and I'm glad you'll at least be with family during the time that he is gone. It'll be hard but I know you are strong. You have my number and email so call me or write. I'm always here with a listening ear and open heart.
ReplyDeleteLove love love the theme for your baby shower. Wishing you tons of strength in these upcoming weeks.
Being a military wife/mom is one of the hardest jobs in the world. Please thank your husband for all he's doing for our country. I am so sorry you're having to go through the next 10 months without him. It just sucks! Thank God you have your Mom to help you. And those invitations are ADORABLE!!! I hope you get TONS of gifts and are just, well, "showered" with love from all your friends. :)
ReplyDelete