Thursday, March 21, 2013

I'm back!!

I'm so sorry for my absence! Life has been extremely busy to say the least.  Let me update you all on what has been going on. 

We are officially moved out of my mom's house! We drove 1200 miles from Kansas to Virginia Beach with 3 adults, 2 babies, a bulldog, and pulled a Uhaul Trailer. To my surprise, the trip actually went really well! The boys did great all the way up until the last day. They were ready to be out of their car seats! That's when everyone started to lose their mind. 2 crying babies and east coast traffic is not what I call a good time! 

We made it to Virginia Beach where the house we are renting is fabulous! I love every bit of it. The layout is perfect, the size is perfect, and the view of the lake behind our house is amazing! (Mind you, we have never even had a backyard before!) The boys have their own playroom which I have a view of from the kitchen so I can watch and talk to the boys while I do the dishes. It definitely helps me get things accomplished! 

Which reminds me, being a "temporary" parent on my own to twins is no joke! I am wiped by 7pm every night. But I will say that I actually really love it. It makes me feel like if I can accomplish this, I can do anything in this world that I set my mind on! I didn't really have that confidence before. So maybe this is just what I need in life, a kick in the ass! 

But this deployment is almost over ladies and gentleman! We still have a little bit over a month to go, but after a year of being apart, we are soooo close! I am dreaming of bbq's, family time, camping, having a warm body in bed.. Ahhh! I am so excited. I miss that man of mine!! 


Andrew is on the left, Everett is on the right..  
Andrew might just have an obsession with pears! 

say whaaaaaaa?



6 comments: