Tuesday, January 22, 2013

3 and 1/2 months old!

So, my kids slept through the night. And before you want to punch me, let me explain.

We moved the boys out of my room. I couldn't take it anymore! They were waking me up almost every hour, and waking each other up as well (they were sharing a crib) so we finally decided that the boys were now old enough to not only move to their own room, but their own cribs. And just like that, they slept from 6:30pm-2:30am, I fed them, and they went back to sleep until 7ish.

Well, the next night the boys made it until 3am until they needed to eat. Let me tell you, I had never been so excited in my entire life! I was finally getting some rest that I hadn't had in months! The very next day rolls around, and the boys never woke up. I woke up at 5:30 am jumping for joy, until I realized my mom had forgotten to open their nursery door before bed. Holy shit. Were they just sitting in there crying for hours and I never came? Yep, true panic set in.

So there you have it, my boys slept through the night. That's my memory of the very first time it happened. I still don't know if they really did or if I honestly couldn't hear them. Ever since that night, they still wake up for a bottle anywhere between 1am and 4:30am so I'm thinking the worst. Oh well, they survived! But as a twin mom who needs all of the energy she can get, this is awesome! I'll take it.

As for an update on the boys, they are doing fantastic! We are still a little touch and go on daily naps around here but as you can see, I actually have time to myself throughout the day. Yesterday however, I left the boys with my mom while I went and dropped off my mini-van at the auto repair shop (got rear-ended. LOVELY!) she somehow got them off schedule and let one of the boys take a nap while the other one stayed up. Now, if you belong to twin-ville, you know this f^&#'s up your entire day. You are always juggling one baby, which equals one exhausted and pissed off momma by the end of the day! So let me say that I was beyond thankful when they finally went to bed last night. *Phew*!

They almost weight 14 pounds a piece now. Holy moly, I can't believe it. They coo non-stop now and are constantly kicking and flailing their arms.. I love it. I love seeing their little personalities emerge!
They last about 1 minute in tummy time before the screaming begins. haha! 

Mr. Everett

Andrew



4 comments:

  1. Yeah I might punch you. LOL. Kidding kidding...you totally deserve some sleep girl! So funny, Sam is 10+ months old and weighs 15 lbs 13oz! haha They are such cuties!!! How are things going with the hubs? Before you know it he'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boys are finally on that similar schedule too. It's so nice to get a 2 good chunks of sleep at night! Now if they could both get over these minor colds so they can get some deep, comfortable sleep, we'll be really in business!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great that you can get some good time chunks of sleep! :)

    ReplyDelete