Monday, October 1, 2012

Quick Update- From the hospital!

HA! I know I said I was going to update you everyday after my appointment on Wednesday, but guess what? I'm on day #3 of being in the hospital! 

Saturday morning around 3:00am, I woke my mom up after I realized I was having contractions that were coming about every 5 minutes. My back was KILLING me to! So we hopped in the car, drove the 45 minutes to the hospital, and right away they checked me. I was dilated to a 1 and 1/2 and I was 90% effaced. Baby A's head was fully engaged.  Okay, I knew labor was starting, so I called my husband and got him scheduled on the next flight home. 

Fast forward 2 hours, I was soon dilated to a 3 and 100% effaced. OMG! This is is really freaking happening! 

Around 12:30pm, my husband finally made it to the hospital. I hadn't seen him in over 3 months and it was just the happiest day of my life!! Babies and a husband! 

Sadly, I didn't progress at all the rest of the day. The on call doctor decided to give me a shot to stop my contractions because I am only 34 weeks, which screwed up everything my body was naturally trying to do. I was PISSED, as my normal doctor and I had just discussed this at my appointment on Wednesday that my labor will not be stopped from this point on. Yep, the on call doctor wanted to get his precious Saturday night sleep so he didn't give a F$%@ what my doctor and I discussed. UGH, so aggrevating! 

So fast forward to yesterday, I woke up to what I think was my mucus plug coming out (sorry TMI). I told the nurses, but guess what? They decided they are no longer checking me, so every little thing that was happening yesterday didn't even matter to them. The goal was to leave me alone as much as possible until my real doctor arrives. So my progress hasn't been checked since Saturday night, and here I am, 5am in the morning, waiting for my regular doctor to arrive. 

I am miserable (contractions are still constant and so is the back pain that makes me feel like I am splitting in half) but I am OH SO HAPPY! I have had lots of lovin's from my husband and at the end of the day I know he will get to be here to see the boys being born. He leaves town on Sunday so we have 6 days to let this happen!! 

2 comments:

  1. How exciting. I'm so glad your husband is there with you now! I'm sorry you're in pain. Try not to think of it as pain. Yes, it hurt, but it's for a purpose and it won't last forever. You're going to meet your babies soon! Have you tried bouncing on a ball? That was the only thing that helped my back pain toward the end. Every day that those babies stay in will lessen their chance of NICU time and you're doing a great job! Best wishes, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOSEBUMPS! So incredibly happy your hubby is with you! AHHHH! Good luck! Can't wait to see those FAMILY pics :) xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete