Monday, October 22, 2012

*Almost 3 weeks old!*

Wow. I definitely understand why people say time flies when you have a baby(ies). It makes me so happy yet so sad to see them growing bigger and bigger everyday!

So, the boys graduated from the hospital nursery and were able to come home with me last Tuesday! So tomorrow will mark our very first week at home together. And let me say, it has been FANTASTIC! So much better than I ever imagined. People have a tendency to scare you when they find out you're expecting twins by telling you how hard it's going to be. Is it hard? Sure it is! You have two little lives to support! But is it worth it? Absolutely! Let me just say, I have never really been a big fan of newborns. They scare the crap out of me. But when it's your own child, it is COMPLETELY different. I can't stop kissing them. I can't stop staring at them. I love changing dirty diapers. I don't even mind it when they cry! I am just in awe at every little thing at this point. They are my world and the hard work is so enjoyable to me.

The boys definitely have their own personalities at this point. Andrew, my sweet sweet Andrew, is the quietest baby. He hardly cries unless he is naked, but any other time he is just the most mellow kid. His brother Everett on the other hand is completely opposite. He always, ALWAYS grunts, which makes everyone laugh. But he has definitely learned his voice. He cries a few times a day and it's mostly because the kid acts like he's been starved to death. Boy, does that kid love to eat! Which reminds me to add that they are both 2 ounces shy of being 6 pounds! They have both gained an entire pound in the 6 days they have been home. I'm pretty sure they will become chunky monkey's in no time!

skyping with daddy! 

Asleep in their crib 

Meatball LOVES his babies! He sits right next to them all day. 

Everett fell asleep like this. Haha! 


3 comments: