Thursday, January 27, 2011

Fingers crossed!

I think I need to change my blog title to Overly-emotional infertile myrtle ! 

Soo... $550 later (thank you insurance for NOT covering infertility treatments), our first IUI is complete! The 2 week waiting game begins! BRING IT ON MOTHER NATURE! 

I wasn't expecting to cry my eyes out all the way home from the hospital today, but I did. *humph* Once the whole process was over, this overwhelming feeling of disappointment came over my body. Hearing from the nurse that it only increases your chances by 5% was a kick in the gut! So I called my  mom (poor thing, she shouldn't have answered!), and hearing her sweet words was what I needed to hear. She knows how much we want this, and she's our number one supporter. love you mom! 

Well, I guess I should quit blogging and go clean the house. My dad in flying into town tonight with his girlfriend, in his words, to come "spoil" me. Can't wait! I cherish the once a year he comes down to visit! 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for following me along on our journey! I am excited to follow yours as well. We have never done IUI, but I know what that waiting period is like to. I hope it goes by fast and that in 2 weeks you will get the BEST news ever! Have a great weekend with your Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No you don't need to change your blog. You won't be that way forever!! Just keep trying until you have a baby or you choose not to any longer. Either way you and your husband have each other.. and you have your ADOREABLE dog meatball and everything will be okay. Everything happens for a reason, so just try to make the best of it and try not to stress. I can't imagine that stress would help the process : ) Keep your head up, love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzers. It always amazes me when I find a person who is alot like me in so many ways. I hope you get that awesome little plus sign very soon. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete